Wednesday, November 16, 2011

You Agreed To The "Terms Of Service"




Allow me to begin by stating that I am in no way an apologist for Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook, or any other social network. With that said...

The above image involving Zuckerberg and Julian Assange inspired me to write this blog. I saw it posted on a non-connection's page on Facebook, and below it were many comments that were complaining about the sites privacy policies. They were also lamenting the fact that there were also some censorship issues in regards to Facebook.

Folks, I'm like this: If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to stay.

I am very much a supporter of freedom of speech, but sadly I feel there's a lot of individuals out there who truly do not where freedom of speech begins or ends. Web sites have certain guidelines we as users, especially of a popular free social network, have to to follow. Contrary to popular belief, we cannot do and say as we please on these sites. To put it in a simpler perspective: If you live in your own place and and you have guests, they have to follow your rules. If you are a guest at the home of someone else, you have to follow their rules.

What in the the hell makes this so darn complicated?
Look, there have been a lot people who have complained about Facebook's policies and such. The thing that befuddles me is that despite all of the discontent, they remain there with there membership account intact. No on putting a gun to their head or anything like that. They remain there for whatever reason(s) they have. I guess they're afraid they might miss out on juicy gossip, drama or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment