Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cyber-Friends? Cyber-Backstabbers More Like It!


I Give Up by Kris Heuer
I think I've just about had it when it comes to so-called cyber-friends. These individuals with whom I've had a very long online association with over the years are working my absolute last nerves. I know, I know...friends in the real world can disappoint you as well, but I've just about had it.


For the past five years I've been having fun social networking, and during that time I encountered some interesting people. Naturally, I hit it off with several ladies online, which let to friendships, which in turn lead to closer friendships and eventually we end up being in an long-distance relationship (LDR).

This is where I make my biggest mistake. An online associate once said that online friends should remain just that...online friends.

...and truer words have never been spoken.

Now get this: I will admit that when it came to going to relationship territory, I initiated it some of the times. However, it was the female that took things to that particular level most of the time. This is no cop out or me playing the blame game. This is the truth. Most of the time, I had no intention of starting a relationship with these ladies, but it happened and I knowingly on my own volition go along with it. The killing part is that is these are the kind of LDRs that caused social network drama for me.

I'm not going to go into more detail than I've already have, but I'll say this: When a person goes from your high admirer to pretty much a worse enemy, that's one helluva painful transition. Keep in mind that this isn't the case all of the time, but even one lost friendship is one too many. This is why, as the result of some fairly recent events, I've come to an unfortunate decision. From now on, I'm gonna set boundaries when it comes to my online interactions. I'll be courteous and respectful, something we all should be but we're not. Sadly, I will limit my online interactions with these individuals. I'm am tired of growing close to people and sharing things with them, only for them to turn around and use those things to hurt me. Enough is definitely enough.

That's all I have to say about this...at least for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment