Thursday, September 30, 2010

Relocating For Love?


Folks, it goes without saying that I've had more than my share of relationship woes. I meet a nice young lady in my area, things start of pretty good, then...FLOP! Whose fault this failures are? Well, it all depend on who you talk to, LOL...

Anyhoo, my relationships with the local ladies simply doesn't work out too well. On the other hand, I was involved in an long distance relationship (LDR) several years ago which was also one of my longest-lasting relationship to date. Things were really great between DA and I. What's even funny is the fact that we were friend first and things just simply flowed into some more serious.



A couple of years had passed and things were serious enough to discuss marriage. Problem was, neither of us at the time were willing to relocate and this became a serious problem. In fact, DA emphatically stated that she did not want to move to Alabama. Eventually, we went our separate ways. Ever since then, I've always wondered what would have been if I decided to leave the backwoods of Alabama. Ever since then, I used to be under the impression that LDRs simply don't work. However, there have been a recent slew of evidence that has caused me to rethink my position.

I've had friends and acquaintances tell me stories of how folks who lived in different parts of the country online, fell for each other, relocated and eventually got married. Shucks, even some of my online associates have taken a big chance and jumped outside the box and successfully found love (and I am so happy for you all). All of this got me to do some serious pondering...

Maybe I need to make that move outside the box! Folks, this is something I may have to consider.

By the way, DA met someone else and they eventually got married. Wanna hear the kicker?

They moved to Atlanta, Georgia...a good three hours from here in Bessemer.

Pfffffft!

If you haven't already done so, would you consider relocation for love?

No comments:

Post a Comment